We are well aware that steel is not generally as aesthetically pleasing as wood. However steel is much more versatile that timber in the Ropes Course context – and has a number of tremendous advantages –
- Provided that it is galvanised – or properly maintained – it will last twice as long as timber – probably 3 or 4 times as long.
- It can be easily repaired, altered or modified
- It is not subject to infestations or woodpecker attack
- It does not rot like wood.
- It is structurally far stronger than wooden poles and steel cable
It does have the initial dis-advantage that it is initially more expensive than timber – but this is easily overridden by the long term value.
We have a number of products shown below to demonstrate the versatility of steel –
High Ropes Courses
Linear High Ropes Courses
Zip Wire Frames and Ramps